Care & Cleaning
Most of our pieces are handmade and need a bit of love when you are cleaning and caring for them. Here are some tried and tested tips to keep them looking fabulous:
- Vacuum clean regularly, but take care not to vacuum the edges too aggressively.
- As all rugs are handcrafted, there will be the occasional loose end which will come undone. Do not pull on it if this happens; instead try to feed it back into the loom, if possible, or cut it.
- Remove spills immediately; blot any liquid with a clean, dry, undyed cloth or paper towel.
- Periodic professional cleaning is recommended.
- Store your rug by rolling it and wrapping with cloth for protection .
- Unless otherwise requested, we do not treat wood as we love the blonde, unfinished look. If you wish to protect your wood, use a teak shield to waterproof your wood and prevent dirty spots. Chairs meant for outdoor use must be protected in order for them to last.
- Leather can be cleaned with an uncoloured leather polish. Use sparingly.
- Rattan can be cleaned with soapy water. An old toothbrush is especially useful for reaching in between grooves.
- Dry cleaning recommended.